Sunday, February 17, 2013

Reflection #5

When I was asked to pick someone close to me and tell them that I truly appreciate and care about them, I knew right away who I was going to pick and that was my best friend Jordyn. Jordyn and I have been good friends since we were 11 years old.  Over the years we have had our ups and downs but we always come out as best friends at the end of the day.  For as long as I can remember she has always been there for me whenever I needed to cry, laugh, or just flat out bitch about something.  I've never had anybody else who I could share my darkest secrets to who I knew wouldn't blabber them to anyone else.   She's one of those friends that I can just drive around with for hours and blast music and we would just being laughing, having the time of our lives.  We don't always need to be doing something to have a good time.  Jordyn listens to me and givse me advice.  I value her opinions and cherish our friendship very much.  I let her know all these things yesterday and it felt really good.  She knows I love her and would do anything for her but I never really told her.  Honestly it was a little tough to start off with when I began telling her all of this because I didn't know what she was going to say.  She didn't have to say much but what she did say was enough for me.  She gave me the biggest hug and thanked me. She told me that she feels the exact way about me and that she was glad that my professor gave us this exercise.  She told me that she loved me and that she would always be there for me for whatever, whenever and that we were going to always be good friends no matter what life brings us.

I am super glad that I was kind of forced into this scenario by Dr. Harrison.  It gave me a chance to say some things that I wouldn't normally share with my best friend.  It reassured our friendship and reminded me that she is always there for me and that I do have a friend that really cares about me. All this is making me miss her and want to go and see her again, but it's okay because I know whatever tries to come between us, distance or whatever, will be pushed aside because or friendship trumps anything.    

1 comment:

  1. Like you said, it was hard at first because even though you have known the person forever, you don't know their exact reaction. To be put in a different situation with something you have never done before, although at first it's scary, after you're through with you, you're glad you did it.

    ReplyDelete